Are you a Grandparent…Aunt…Uncle raising your grandkids, neices and nephews?
AFFM supports your family in many different ways. AFFM knows these relationships can often be stressful for the adults….but especially when there are youth involved. AFFM advocates in ways that many cannot due to this stressful family situation. As a neutral observer with years of experience, AFFM knows how to assist families with DHHS, system issues and concerns and are also a valuable asset when it comes to finding other resources for your family.
Kinship families need accurate and compassionate advice during this time. If this is your family or you know a family experiencing a disruption, call AFFM..
AFFM Kinship Support Services…
As a relative raising a relative’s child/children you may find yourself needing some supports.
- Monthly newsletter The Family Ties
- AFFM discount card program
- Seeking summer camp scholarships for children
- Holiday parties
- Vacation activities for children and families
- Roller Skating events
- museum passes
- access to Tamarack Cottage in Rangeley
- Extensive lending library of books, videos, etc.
- Annual training conference includes training specific to kinship care (scholarship funds available)
- Holiday Gift Giving Program
- Information on Permanency Guardianship and how to become a foster or adoptive parent
- Tickets to fairs and other family type activities and programs