DHHS Contact Information
Phone Numbers to call Regarding DHHS services and support
- To contact your child’s Social worker/Case Worker, please call the worker at his/her district office:
|Augusta:||624-8000, 1-800-452-1926||Houlton:||532-5000, 1-800-432-7338|
|Bangor:||561-4100, 1-800-432-7825||Lewiston:||795-4300, 1-800-482-7512|
|Biddeford:||286-2400, 1-800-322-1919||Machias:||255-2000, 1-800-432-7846|
|Calais:||904-3812, 1-800-622-1400||Portland:||822-2000, 1-800-482-7520|
|Caribou:||493-4000, 1-800-432-7366||Rockland:||596-4200, 1-800-432-7802|
|Ellsworth:||664-1400, 1-800-432-7823||Sanford:||490-5400, 1-800-482-0790|
|Farmington:||778-8410, 1-800-442-6382||Skowhegan:||474-4800, 1-800-452-4602|
|Fort Kent:||834-1000, 1-800-432-7340||South Paris:||744-1200, 1-888-593-9775|
When calling, if you are unable to reach the worker, please leave a specific detailed message and a time when you will be available. Generally, phone contact with the social worker to discuss a case-related issue is preferable to email or texting due to confidentiality concerns.
- If you are unable to reach your child’s social worker and you have an immediate need (need of signature, respite, change in visit schedule, etc.), dial 0 and ask to speak to the duty worker who will either assist you by providing an answer to your question or who will assist you in locating your social worker.
- If you continue to need to reach someone at DHHS and you have not heard back from your social worker within 24 hours, you are encouraged to contact the social worker’s supervisor, as the social worker may be working out of the office and unable to respond to your call in a timeframe which meets your need.
To find a worker’s supervisor, click the link below. When the new page loads you will find the complete organizational chart for OCFS districts. Click on the district you are working with than locate the worker you are trying to contact. Once you find their name you can look above their name to the next box and you can locate their supervisor’s name.
- If you are unable to reach a Supervisor, you may call the District DHHS Assistant Program Administrator or the District DHHS Program Administrator
- In addition, Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine Inc. & The Kinship Program is available anytime day or night to provide you with listening support, and other forms of support unique to you.
You can contact AFFM between 8:00 AM-4:30 PM: 827-2331 or 1-800-833-9786
After hours warm line: 745-4159