AFFM C.A.R.E.S. Meetings, people may find others that are in a similar situation as their own. Members of a meeting may share their personal experiences and offer one another emotional comfort and moral support. C.A.R.E.S. provide practical advice and tips to help families cope with challenges and joys of being a resource family. These meetings allow for families to make connections and form relationships with other families that can last a lifetime. The meetings also allow for kids to interact with other kids as child care is provided for most meetings. Youth benefit from knowing that they are not alone, and others are experiencing similar situations. This opportunity is a great resource for the whole family and provides many other benefits including:
- Opportunities to receive training and re-licensing hours.
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control.
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment.
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings.
- Reducing distress, fatigue, or sense of isolation.
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation.
- Getting practical advice or information about additional support options.
*If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a C.A.R.E.S. meeting, how to become involved or would like more information on starting a support group in your area, please call AFFM at 1-800-833-9786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Below you will find a state-wide listing of meetings.*
Statewide Listing C.A.R.E.S. Meetings.
For a printable version click the link below